Click here to go back to my blog's home page

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Playdough!

When L was born, I needed something to entertain J while I fed, fed, fed my newborn. I made a batch of playdough and it did the trick! He played with it for hours on end.

That batch has been going for 4 months now and is pretty crusty. Time for a new batch.

The first lot was green, so this time I made yellow.

J watched in facination as I made it this morning. When he gets up from his afternoon nap, I'm hoping he'll be excited to see it.



All the ingredients in the pot ready for cooking


Mixing and cooking


Ta Da!

The receipe I used is:
2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups water
food colouring
Put all in a saucepan and stir and stir until it all joins together. Pop in the fridge for a few hours. Then it is ready to be played with!




No comments:

Post a Comment