Click here to go back to my blog's home page

Friday, June 7, 2013

Luke's 4th birthday - Batman Party!!

In April, our little Luke turned FOUR! He seems to have grown up so much from 3 to 4 and while our sweet little quiet boy is now boasting a bit of an attitude, he sure is growing into such an awesome little dude.

The morning began at home with present opening!! His requests?? He wanted LEGO of his own - he usually plays with Jack's - and he wanted cars & Batman LEGO.




Yep. Think he was impressed! 





His birthday fell on a Saturday so we had his party on the same day. We hired a little local hall that has a playground and a huge yard for the kids to play. It's the first year he has had an actual party and he wanted to invite his little mates from preschool.

His only request for his party??? He wanted a Batman Party!!! Months before his party, I found some great invitations at a newsagency - score!

I was searching on etsy for some Batman party printables and came across this awesome set from this store

We had a welcome sign at the door to welcome Luke's guests

I printed the hang tags and lamintated them. Punched a hole in them, tied some string through and tied them to his party bags. The party bags were just from a local party shop. 

The food table was decorated with a blue plastic table cloth from the party shop. I was going to use the food labels from the party printables, but didn't really need them. I wanted to keep the table fairly simple. 

I printed the party bunting and laminated it for a bit of strength. It is just blu tacked to the wall. 


A helium 4 balloon was also tied to the food table. I also had Batman drink labels that I stuck to water bottles, but I can't seem to find a picture. 


For the cake, he wanted a 4 cake. I made the 4 cake with blue icing and smarties. I wanted to put something about Batman with it and was talking about ideas at his preschool. One of his little mates came up with an idea... to print a Batman picture and just pop it under the cake. Perfect! I printed the picture, laminated it and popped it under the cake. The kids loved it!! Luke's little mate who had suggested it was suitably pleased ;)



Back at home after the party, Luke opened his presents with his cousins. Boy, he got so many things!! Such a lucky little guy! The present he asked for from my mum was a Tonka truck. Jack has one that Luke loves and now he has his own one :) They loved playing with them after the party. 


He had a great day at his Batman party!! This mumma sure is glad the boys don't have birthdays now until Feb!



 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so grown up! In some ways it doesn't seem that long ago that we were waiting for BFP's! You have such gorgeous children Sarah!

    ReplyDelete