Click here to go back to my blog's home page

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sophie's new pram liner

Earlier this week I bought a new (second hand) pram for Sophie. I have an old pram that I used for the boys, but it has pretty much done its dash and is trashed!

I wanted one where she faced me as I walked as I that was one thing I didn't like about the prams I had for the boys.

I found a second hand strider on a local Facebook group and bought it. Love it already!

One thing it needed though is a lovely new pram liner. I searched a bit around Etsy, but couldn't find what I wanted.

What's a sewer to do????? Make one, of course!

I found a tutorial here and looked through my fabric stash for some fabric. I chose aqua chevron for one side and aqua polka dots for the other side. I lined it with micro fleece to make it nice and comfy.


I got the fabric ready, plus made up some white binding to go around the finished product


Then cut the pieces to size to match my pram as explained in the tutorial


Sewed the 3 pieces together once down the middle to secure them together. Then marked the button holes and cut those out. First time doing button holes and I had a bit of a fight with the button hole foot on the sewing machine. I ended up just doing them manually. 


Here's the polka dot side finished after the binding had been sewn on and the button holes cut out. 


Here's the chevron side finished


The chevron pram liner in the pram


The polka dot pram liner in the pram


It's so nice to be sewing something for me / baby. I'm hoping to find more time now that she's a little older. Watch this space!!!!


 

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! That is another thing on my very long list of things I want to make, hopefully I'll get around to making one before Morgan gets too big for the stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chevron and a pram definitely go hand in hand! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, I will definitely give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely great tutorial, I will absolutely follow your tips. You really made a simple design with effort in the equivalent of good results.

    ReplyDelete