Click here to go back to my blog's home page

Saturday, January 28, 2012

running

Now, people who know me should know that I'm not a runner. Not even close! I can walk and walk, but running?? I last 20 seconds. And that's on a good day!

So, it's quite surprising really that I've been doing the "Ease into 5K" app on my iphone. It's a running app that helps non-runners start running. ( I have started it before, but haven't kept it up )

It's supposed to take 9 weeks (I think I will take longer!) and it's interval training. So, you walk for say 30 seconds, run for 45 seconds, walk for 90 second run for 60 seconds.... etc etc.

OK, I won't lie. At first I found it HARD! Very hard. But, I powered through and I'm now almost at the end of week 2. I can run for 90 seconds!! Yep. All by myself.



When I get home, my face is as red as a beetroot (see above) and stays that way for a while, but it's a good feeling. Next week, it goes up to running for 3 minutes. Eek! I don't know about that. I'll probably do the week 2 program again and then try week 3. We'll see :)









1 comment:

  1. Well done! I'm the same and have been trying to ease myself into running and it's definitely not as easy as I thought it was going to be! Good luck with the next goal of 3 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete