Click here to go back to my blog's home page

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

These days

You know what? Some days I'm really still struggling quite a lot. It could be because Sophie is still up every 2-3 hours most nights and is nearly one. It could be because the boys spring out of bed everyday at 6 and are right into playing, fighting, being loud and needing me to this and that and this and that. It could be that I'm just feeling a bit too old for this! It could be that hubby leaves for work at 5:30, just before my hectic day starts so I'm all alone. It could be that I just need some sleep, a break and more rest.

Some days I feel like I just make it through the day.

And this morning, while I listen to men with power tools make heaps of noise outside on one of the precious mornings that I only have Sophie so could be sleeping, I saw this quote on facebook and it made sense.

"I don't want to minimize the stage you're in. I don't want to tell you "Enjoy these days, they go by so fast." I don't want to patronize you.

Instead let me pour a little encouragement your way:

Go ahead and grumble, or be patient. You don't have to handle all the issues perfectly.

Go ahead and cry, and wonder if it's all worth it.

Go ahead and pray, for strength to make it through the next five minutes.

Because one day--often when you least expect it--often when you've come to peace with the imperfections and decided to be happy anyway--you'll wake up, look around and realize:

They just don't do that anymore."

I hear a lot about enjoying these early days as they don't last forever. Yeah, I know. I get it. But some days surely I can just grumble for the strength to make it through.

yep.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment