Click here to go back to my blog's home page

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Turning 5! Lego themed party

Sometimes it feels like just yesterday. Other days, it feels like he's been here with me forever.

(pregnant in 2006)


 (newborn Jack. 1 day old)


 My big boy is now 5! I must say, I'm loving 5. What a great age!

Last weekend, we celebrated with a party. I asked him what theme he'd like and he very quickly replied "Lego Ninjago!" OK then!

I did some searching on etsy and found some great things. Starting with this cupcake toppers. I used these for the tops of the cupcakes and as stickers for the lolly bags. 

 (from here)


I found invitations and drink bottle labels on etsy too.  I printed the drink labels on stickers and stuck them on bottles on water.
(from here)

We had the party at a local hall that has its own little park. Minimal fuss! I set up a colouring in table as we'd been having months of rain in Sydney so I didn't know if it would be raining on the party day. (turns out it wasn't, but good to have a back up plan)

I found these lego colouring pages online and this one can be personalised. (from here)



We had party games.



And cake. Now, I will say here that I spent hours on a Lego cake for the party and it failed :( So, this little echidna one bought from the shop was the back up, and was pretty good too. 


His party shirt. And one of his little mates had one on too :)



Here are the party bags with the stickers on them. They looked great!


I found these printables online (not sure where now....) and I printed some with "Happy Birthday", some with "5" and some plan ones. Jack helped me put them on the walls around the hall :)


  Drink bottles!

It was such a great birthday and a lovely party. I had fun putting it together, but I'm glad it's now over for another year! Although, my nearly 3 year old keeps asking for a Rio themed party for his birthday in April. Here we go again!! lol

 

No comments:

Post a Comment